We are pleased to announce that Website 2 Backup v3.0 has arrived! The main new functionality is the backup to the popular cloud storage Dropbox. Like with all storages in Website 2 Backup you can do automatic backups and restorations without files manipulation.
This version has :
- Dropbox cloud storage,
- A better management of the auto clean of old archives for the incremental files backup on Amazon S3,
- Existing tables prefix are detected during install,
- Small bugs fix.
Website Backup to Dropbox Settings
If you do not have a Dropbox account you can create a 2Go free account.
Like all W2B functionalities the use of Dropbox is very intuitive. The addition of a new Dropbox account is done with 2 steps in Settings > Clouds :
- Click on the Add Dropbox link to add the informations about your Dropbox account :
- Short name : used in W2B.
- Email of your Dropbox account for a better identification in W2B, and to remember where are your files.
- Folder where you want to store files in your Dropbox account, you must have created this folder in your Dropbox account. If you want to send backups in a folder named “backup”, just add backup. You can use sub folders like backup/database.
- After the validation of your settings be sure to be connected to the Dropbox account with the email you have previously used. Click on Activate Account. This link will redirect you to Dropbox to allow Website 2 Backup to access to your account.
You can test your Dropbox account and know the free space you have by clicking the test icon in the line of your Dropbox account.
If you add another Dropbox in W2B with the same email address you will not have to allow the access of W2B again.
You can add all the Dropbox accounts you want.
v4 in Few Weeks
We will start to develop the v4 ASAP. We will rewrite the one click backup and add a new unique functionality developed by no one else. As it is totally new we do not know exactly how many time we will need to develop it.